Click and collect
NOTE: Click and Collect officially finished on Friday 29 April 2022.
Click and Collect has finished, but you can still click to reserve items using the library app or by logging in to the catalogue. We’ll let you know when your items are ready to collect from the library. No need to worry if it’s been a while since you used a borrowing kiosk or searched the catalogue - we’re here to help, just ask us.
Click and Collect gives you contactless collection of physical library items, such as books, DVDs and CDs. It's available at all four of our library branches.
Click and Collect operating hours
Click and Collect is available during library opening hours at each branch.
How does Click and Collect work?
- Reserve items via the library catalogue or Darebin Libraries app.
- We’ll let you know when your items are ready to collect by your usual notice method.
- On the day you want to collect your items, book a same-day collection via the app or the Library Collect page during Click and Collect operating hours.
Return chutes are open 24/7 at all branches.
How to reserve an item
- Log in to the library catalogue or open the Darebin Libraries app.
- Search for an item and select one you want.
- Select "Place reservation".
- Select your pick-up location.
- Confirm the reservation.
How to arrange same-day collection
- Log in to the Library Collect page with your membership number and PIN, or open the Darebin Libraries app.
- If using the app: tap "My Account", then "Reservations", then "Click and Collect".
- Select "I’m on my way".
- Select an estimated time of arrival (ETA): 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes.
- Arrive at the library at your chosen time. Follow the signs and queue at the collection table.
- Please tell us you’ve arrived, either via the intercom, app, Library Collect page, or by writing your name on the pad provided and holding it up for staff to see.
- Take your item and tap "Done" in the app or Library Collect page to complete the transaction.
To change your collection day or location
- If you can't make a booked collection time, please call us on 1300 655 355 or contact us to let us know.
- If you don't collect your item at your selected time and haven't made alternative arrangements with us, we’ll return your item to the reservation shelf for the time left in your hold period.
- Click and Collect is available at all four libraries. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a library branch closer to your home, please contact us.
COVID-19 precautions for Click and Collect
- Please do not visit the library if you are experiencing any COVID-19 like symptoms. Stay at home, seek medical advice, and contact us to make alternative arrangements.
- Please do not visit if your nearest library branch is outside the maximum allowed radius from your home.
- Please follow the signs, use the hand sanitiser provided before collecting your items, wear a mask (unless you are exempt), and maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5 metres from other people.
- Only one person should collect items from the table at a time, unless you are with, or are, a carer.