If you use any of our library computers or wifi you agree to abide by our computer guidelines.
If you use any of our library computers, devices or wifi you agree to abide by our computer guidelines:
- Users must be a member of Darebin Libraries
- users may access the computers for up to 75 minutes per day
- users can loan a laptop or iPad for up to 3 hours per day
- library laptops and iPads are for use within the library only (conditions apply)
- Darebin Council uses a filtering system that blocks access to: pornography, gambling, malware, phishing, bots, key loggers and monitoring
- users must not download or display images that may reasonably be deemed offensive to others
- users must not use library computers or wifi to harass or vilify individuals or groups, or to post offensive material
- users must observe Federal and State laws with regard to copyright provisions
- users should be also aware that communications over a wifi network are unsecure and should not be used for sensitive information.
Please note that when using our stand-alone PC’s any work saved onto the computer will be automatically deleted, including passwords and log-ins to any sites.
Darebin Libraries reserves the right to terminate the computer access privileges of any person contravening this Computer User Agreement.
Where a user is found to be using library computers or wifi to access pornographic or offensive material Darebin Libraries reserves the right to ask the user to leave the premises and to report the unlawful conduct to the relevant authorities.