Conditions of entry
We are committed to providing a shared, safe place with respect for all. Learn more about our conditions of entry.
Darebin Libraries is committed to providing a shared, safe place with respect for all.
By entering Darebin Libraries, you agree to:
- Treat others with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Follow instructions given by library staff.
- Take responsibility for your own belongings; we advise not leaving any item unattended.
- Be mindful of your noise level. Conversation is welcome but we must also be respectful of the needs of others.
- Respect library property and keep library spaces clean.
- Ensure any children - under the age of 12 - that you are responsible for are supervised.
- Only bring animals that are guide or assistance animals.
- Not consume alcohol, drugs or smoke in the library.
- Only take photographs or videos if permission has been sought and granted by Darebin Libraries.
Unacceptable behaviour will lead to you being asked to leave the library.
Please assist staff to make your visit enjoyable by cooperating with their requests.
At this time, you must also abide by the COVID-19 specific Conditions of Entry, which reflect current Victorian Government Law. These conditions may change from time to time and the latest version can always be found on our Visit the Library page and upon entry to the library.