Find out about borrowing, renewing and returning items with your Darebin Libraries membership.
As a member you can:
- Borrow up to 40 items
- Keep all items for three weeks (eBooks and eAudiobooks for two weeks)
- Renew items twice – unless reserved for another customer
- Borrow or return your items at any of our four libraries at Fairfield, Northcote, Preston or Reservoir.
Note: after-hours chutes are available at all libraries.
Renewals can be made in the library or by telephone on 1300 655 355 or online:
- You can renew online through the library catalogue. Log in with your membership number and PIN, click on the 'current loans' link and check the items you would like to renew.
- You can use our app to renew your items. Find the app in the App Store or Google Play by searching for Darebin Libraries. Once the app is installed, log in with your membership number and PIN.
- Your library membership number can be found on your Darebin Libraries card beneath the barcode. If you don't have a PIN or if you've forgotten it, ask on your next visit to the library or call on 1300 655 355.
Other services you can access with your library card
In addition to borrowing, there are a range of other services you can access with your library card:
- Reserve or request items in the library or online
- Get online using our computers and wifi
- Use our print, photocopy or scan facilities
- Play on our gaming consoles
- Access the digital library at home or on the go.
Do you want to set up email alerts?
You can set up email alerts through our online catalogue so you can be notified when new items are added to the library that match your preferences.
How to set up email alerts
Step 1. Log in to the library catalogue using your library card number
Step 2. Under My Account, select the third tab New Alert Profile
Step 3. Enter your search criteria.
Step 4. Click on Search to make sure it is finding the items you want
Step 5. Choose your alert frequency
Step 6. Choose an expiry date if you don’t want to receive updates beyond a particular date
Step 7. When new items are added to the library which match your alert profile, an email will be sent to the address on your membership.