South Preston Tannery, 60-68 High Street South Preston
In the 1890s Paul Hardenack ran a tannery from 46 High Street South Preston. High Street has subsequently been renumbered several times and the modern address is now 60-68 High Street South Preston.
During the 1890s the business went broke but Hardenack restarted the company in the early 1900s under the name of South Preston Tannery. By the 1920s the company was operating as the Charles Nodrum Tannery. Nodrum operated the company with Herman Hedges Krohn.
Nodrum was there through the 1930s but by 1941 the company had been taken over by the Standard Leather Company and the orginal timber buildings demolished and replaced by a substantial two storey brick factory.
Sands and McDougall’s Melbourne and Suburban Directory 1864- 1974. [Microfiche]. (1974). Melbourne, Australia: Sands & McDougall.