Membership Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question about our library service? Read our Frequently Asked Questions and you may find the answer.
How do I join the library?
It's free and easy to join, visit our how to become a member page to learn more.
What hours is the library open?
All of our libraries are open 7 days a week. For full details check our locations and hours page.
How do I get a PIN?
You will need a PIN to access your membership record and to reserve and renew items online
You can get a PIN by:
- Telephone on 1300 655 355.
- In-person at the library during your next visit.
Is the internet a free service and do I need to be a library member?
Yes the internet is free and you do need to be a member of Darebin Libraries
What if I would like a book you don't have?
There are a range of options to request a book.
Why can't I renew my item?
If you can't renew your item it is likely due to one of the following reasons:
- The item is on reserve for another customer.
- You have already renewed the item twice.
- The item is more than 27 days overdue.
What should I do if I lose my library card?
For your security, let us know as soon as possible in person, or call us on 1300 655 355.
You will need to visit the library with a suitable ID to arrange a replacement card.
Please note, a replacement fee of $3 applies.
How do I change my personal details?
If you wish to change any details on your membership record, you can do so by logging into your account. Log in with your membership number and PIN and click on Personal details to make updates. We can also help you, if you let us know on your next visit or call us on 1300 655 355.
You can change your PIN and email address online. Just log in with your current pin and click on Personal Details.
How do I find out about new items?
- Visit our reading recommendations page to explore new releases and other topics of interest.
- You can also set a personal profile, which will send email alerts as new items are added to the library that match your preferences. Log in to your account with your membership number and PIN and select the third tab New Alert Profile.
How do I renew and reserve items?
Can I donate items to the library?
We accept some books as donations - please read our donation FAQs for details before bringing your items to the library.
Is there a Darebin Libraries app I can download?
Yes, we do have an app!
It's free to download and allows you to renew and reserve items. Browse the library catalogue, save a digital copy of your library card and explore our digital resources.