Northcote Biscuit Company
1 Bent Street, Northcote
The Northcote Biscuit Company opened at 1 Bent Street Northcote in 1936/7. A building had been there since at least the early 1920s but in 1937 it became a wholesale grocer. In 1940 it began to specialise in biscuits, selling biscuits by the tin. In 1953 the business closed and the premises became the Intral Tobacco Company. By 2007 1 Bent Street was operating as the Original Pickle Company.
Sands and McDougall’s Melbourne and Suburban Directory 1864- 1974. [Microfiche]. (1974). Melbourne, Australia: Sands & McDougall.