William T. Clapham - Butcher
737 High Street, Thornbury
The substantial, two storey brick shop and house on the corner of High Street and Ballantyne Street, Thornbury was constructed in 1888 by William Clapham. Clapham, a Councillor for Northcote, did not stay long at the premises and it changed hands in 1893. Amongst its various roles it has served as butcher, boot maker and grocer. After many years as a pet food supplier it is now a café.
Ward, Andrew (2001). Darebin Heritage Review 2000. Burwood, Vic: City Of Darebin.