Confectioners, West Preston
65 Jessie Street, Preston
No. 65 Jessie Street Preston began life as a normal double fronted Edwardian home but in 1921 a small shop was added to the front of the building. Being directly across the road from the West Preston Primary School it was ideally located to serve as a lolly shop. During its lifetime it had several owners, beginning with Mrs B. Wilson in 1921 and later Mrs Robinson in 1930.
Sands and McDougall’s Melbourne and Suburban Directory 1864- 1974. [Microfiche]. (1974). Melbourne, Australia: Sands & McDougall.