Fairfield Pipe Bridge
The Fairfield Pipe Bridge located just south of the Fairfield Boat House was built in 1878 to carry water from the Yan Yean Reservoir to Kew. The bridge was washed away in the bad floods of 1934. A new pipe bridge was built close to the site of the original bridge. The original pylons were later demolished and no signs remain of the first pipe bridge.
Lacey, Geoff. (2004). Still glides the stream : the natural history of the Yarra from Heidelberg to Yarra Bend. Melbourne: Australian Scholarly Publishing.