Chandler Family of Reservoir Football Club
In the history of the Reservoir Football Club, one family name resonates like no other, that of the Chandler Family. The association started when Ken Chandler first played in 1947 and continues today with Ken’s brother Bob Chandler still an active follower of the Club he represented a record 335 times. In all there were four Chandler brothers: Ken (125 games), Frank (80 games), Alan (307 games) and Bob. Their father Bill was also closely involved with the Club for many years, serving on the committee and as vice-president.
The Chandler brothers’ involvement with the Reservoir Football Club was not limited to on field participation. Frank was assistant secretary and insurance officer from the late 1940s into the 1960s. Both Alan and Bob served as coach, with Alan steering the team to Premiership success in 1959. Bob also had stints as secretary, treasurer and president of the Club.
In addition to all this, the four brothers’ wives formed the Club’s ladies committee in the early 1950s and had continued involvement with the committee until the late 1960s.
Information courtesy of Robert Harris, Life Member, Reservoir Football Club.