Borrowing, renewing and returning
Find out about borrowing, renewing and returning items with your Darebin Libraries membership.
As a member you can:
- Borrow up to 40 items
- Keep all items for three weeks (eBooks and eAudiobooks for two weeks)
- Renew items twice – unless reserved for another customer
- Borrow or return your items at any of our four libraries at Fairfield, Northcote, Preston or Reservoir.
Note: after-hours chutes are available at all libraries.
Darebin Libraries has introduced automatic renewals for a maximum of two additional loan periods. This means that on the due date, if:
- the item(s) isn’t reserved by another library member, or
- the item(s) hasn’t already been renewed twice
your item will be automatically renewed for another 3 weeks.
How do I know if an item hasn’t been automatically renewed?
- You can check your account via the library app or catalogue, call us on 1300 655 355, or visit the library and chat with staff.
- We will also attempt to contact you by your preferred method to alert you to any item(s) that can’t be renewed. You will then have up to 7 days to return the item(s). If you can bring the item(s) back sooner, please do; that will be greatly appreciated by other community members awaiting its return.
If you would like to renew your item(s) before they are due, you can:
- Use the library app. Find the app in the App Store or Google Play by searching for Darebin Libraries. Once the app is installed, log in with your membership number and PIN.
- Use the library catalogue. Log in with your membership number and PIN, click on the 'current loans' link and check the items you would like to renew.
- Visit the library and talk to staff or use the borrowing kiosks
- Call us on 1300 655 355
Your library membership number can be found on your Darebin Libraries card beneath the barcode. If you don't have a PIN or if you've forgotten it, ask on your next visit to the library or call on 1300 655 355.
When you have finished with your item(s), please return them to any Darebin Libraries branch so others can enjoy them. If you can't return the items during opening hours, there are after-hours chutes at all branches.
Other services you can access with your library card
In addition to borrowing, there are a range of other services you can access with your library card:
- Reserve or request items in the library or online
- Get online using our computers and wifi
- Use our print, photocopy or scan facilities
- Play on our gaming consoles
- Access the digital library at home or on the go.
Do you want to set up email alerts?
You can set up email alerts through our online catalogue so you can be notified when new items are added to the library that match your preferences.
How to set up email alerts
Step 1. Log in to the library catalogue using your library card number
Step 2. Under My Account, select the third tab New Alert Profile
Step 3. Enter your search criteria.
Step 4. Click on Search to make sure it is finding the items you want
Step 5. Choose your alert frequency
Step 6. Choose an expiry date if you don’t want to receive updates beyond a particular date
Step 7. When new items are added to the library which match your alert profile, an email will be sent to the address on your membership.