The Olympic Twin Drive-in

In 1964 the Olympic Twin Drive-in was opened on Murray Road Preston. It was larger than the Skyline Drive-in on Plenty Road. It was named because it was built near where the 1956 Melbourne Summer Olympics athlete’s village was located. Owned by Murray Bell Holdings, it had the capacity for 1330 cars. In the late 1960s the name changed to the Northland Twin as it was across the road from the new Northland Shopping Centre. It 1970 it changed ownership to Village Roadshow. It closed in 1987 which was the same year the Hoyts Cinemas at Northland Shopping Centre opened. 
Australia and New Zealand - Cinema & Theatre Database. Retrieved July 14, 2020, from   Carroll, Brian & Rule, Ian (1985). Preston: an Illustrated History. Preston: City of Preston. P. 150    Coppock, D (2020). Northland Twin Village Drive-In. Retrieved July 15, 2020, from   Olympic Twin / Northland Twin, Preston. Retrieved July 15, 2020, from   Preston Northland, Olympic, Big Six, Village. Retrieved July 15,2020, from