F. P. Bird
Mr F. P. Bird was the electrical engineer appointed by Preston Shire Council on June 17 1913. He supervised the laying out of the first electric light scheme which began operation in May 1914. He imitated the 'white-way' scheme in High Street and was involved in the illumination of the Town Hall for the Jubilee celebrations.
The Preston Leader, special jubilee issue, September 6 1935