Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Thornbury
248 Raleigh Street, Thornbury
Holy Spirit Parish is located at 248 Raleigh Street Thornbury. The building was completed in 1951 and was paid for by the Parish of St Mary's. It was not until February 1953 that Holy Spirit was declared a parish and could operate as a church and school. In 1954 construction began on a new church which was officially blessed and opened on May 22, 1955. In later years, several properties in Raleigh St were purchased and the school expanded.
Darebin Libraries. Holy Spirit Parish East Thornbury: celebrating forty years 1953-1993 (pamphlet). Local History File