Stephenson's Grocery Store, Preston
Charles Stephenson opened his grocery store in Plenty Road, South Preston in 1903. In 1911 he moved to 357 - later renumbered to 407 - High Street, opposite the Preston Town Hall. Charles was to run the business until 1930 when C. F. Stephenson took over.
The family moved out of the business in 1937 when E. Carne operated as a fruiterer from the premises. Carne did not last long and in 1941 the directories indicated a new shop was being built there.
Sands and McDougall’s Melbourne and Suburban Directory 1864- 1974. [Microfiche]. (1974). Melbourne, Australia: Sands & McDougall.