Northcote Shoe Factory
13-15 Arthurton Road, Northcote
The Northcote Shoe factory began in a small building in Eastment Street. After expanding its business to another building in Eastment Street, it purchased land on the corner of Arthurton Road and Helen Street, building a new factory in 1926. By the 1970s the factory was operating under the name of the Purnell Shoe Company.
Sands and McDougall’s Melbourne and Suburban Directory 1864- 1974. [Microfiche]. (1974). Melbourne, Australia: Sands & McDougall.
City of Northcote (1933). Northcote Jubilee celebrations 1883 – 1933 : souvenir & official program. Northcote: Author.