The Clinch family were one of the first settler families in Preston in the 1850's. Mr. John Charles Clinch was one of the pioneers of local government and a member of the first road board formed, to establish the construction of the first section of the main road. He was also involved in the purchase of a central park in Cramer Street and was a member of the local Baptist Church.
PRESTON - A RETROSPECT. (1935, September 6). Preston Leader (Melbourne, Vic: 2001 -), p. 12.