73-75 Gilbert Road, Preston
The Rivoli Theatre was on the corner with Oakover Road. It is almost directly opposite the Coptic Orthodox Church. It was built in 1936, and had taken over 71 Gilbert Road by 1952. By 1961 it had ceased operation and the building was taken over by Austral Jewel Case Pty. Ltd. This company's advertising can still be faintly seen on the city side of the building at the top.
Sands and McDougall’s Melbourne and Suburban Directory 1864- 1974. [Microfiche]. (1974). Melbourne, Australia: Sands & McDougall.