H.L.T. Oulton Reserve
Corner of Albert and Bell Streets, Preston
In 1925 the City of Preston acquired land from G. Haxby at corner of Albert Street and Bell Street for use as a recreational area. In 1927 and again in 1950 more land was acquired, taking the total land area from its original 9 acres to 15 acres.
Originally known as Haxby's Park the reserve later was renamed H. L. T. Oulton Reserve. Oulton was Mayor of Preston 1948-1949. In 2006 Melbourne Water invested $1.3 million in constructing a retaining basin in the southern half of the reserve.
The parks and gardens of Preston. City of Preston. Preston, 1972