Crediton House

49 James Street, Northcote

'Crediton House' is a two storey, 19th century, brick home built at 49 James Street, Northcote. When the original owner, Mr. F.G. Glanfield, a local businessman, died in 1894, the building was sold with all of its contents. The house contained so much bric-a-brac that it required a full page of the Northcote Leader to list all of its contents. Items advertised for sale included a hall clock, a large swan, eight yards of lino, numerous paintings, a hall chair, a fowl yard, a pony phaeton (carriage) and a smart pony. 

Lemon, Andrew (1983). The Northcote Side of the River. North Melbourne: Hargreen.