21 George Street Northcote
"Winsome Cottage" is on the corner of Bridge Street. The land on which it is built, called St George's Park, was subdivided in 1855 and auctioned in 147 lots with an upset price of 2 pounds. The auction poster at that time showed the St Georges Road bridge as it would look when it was built and a labyrinth of railway lines leading to the "Fitzroy Extension". In 1856 several quaint cottages were built, of which "Winsome Cottage" was one. It residence is an English style cottage with its entrance directly off the street. Features include leadlight windows, window boxes and an old shop counter.
Lemon, Andrew (1983). The Northcote Side of the River. North Melbourne: Hargreen.